- Spent the day with my Opa. We had lots of cheese,crackers and almonds. He had beer and I had coffee. He says I eat like a bird but you should have seen the two big blocks of cheese he gave me (thank god for digestive pills). We were having a really nice time talking,until his girlfriend came and stole the spotlight. I think he genuinely enjoys hanging out with me. Which is really nice. We have inside jokes,which is something I never saw happening. He's not the monster everyone makes him out to be. He's leaving for Germany on Friday and I'm so excited for him. Just the fact that he organized this hangout with me, made my day.
- His favourite diner just closed down. The one we went to last time we hung out. You can really tell a part of him died along with it. Everyone and everything he grew up with is disappearing and you could tell he's scared. I hope my dad lets go one day and realizes life's much better when you give in. I just hope it doesn't take cancer to make him realize that too.
- Opa likes to make fun of me,and I like it. Cousin of the feeling of when kids make fun of the opposite sex they actually crush on.
- I was thinking, if anything were to happen to me and I fall sick, with a real sickness, something like cancer. He'd be the first one I go to, and maybe the only one I tell. Because I want to know how he stays so god damn positive & baddass.
- Also, he's cute when he eats.